Sunday, July 21, 2013

Clanging Cymbals - My Guest Post!

So I haven't written much on here about my spiritual journey.  Of course, my faith, as part of my life, is mixed in with most of my writing, but I don't usually write *about* my faith, itself.  Over the last several years, I've been slowly sorting through things from my childhood, teen and young adult years.  It's been a process of unraveling the dogma from the very real and good exercises of faith and righteousness.

I'm involved in an online community called, "Stuff Christian Culture Likes" (curated by Queen Bee Stephanie Drury, on Facebook and a blog).  She often posts articles that are related to 'Christian Culture', pointing out the alternating ridiculous, hurtful, or healing aspects of the Christian Church.  She sometimes posts articles by Zach Hoag, who is a published Christian blogger, and who always writes with respect, thoughtfulness and empathy.  I was involved recently on a discussion on his blog, after which he asked me if I'd like to write a guest post for him.

 Let me think about it ... um, YEAH!!!

My thanks to Zach, I'm honestly humbled and honored that you even asked for my thoughts.  And everybody, head over to his blog to not only read my post, but also check out his writing.

Clanging Cymbals:  Danica Newton on Twitter Preachers & Bad Fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment