Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nasty Girl

Ever have moments when you feel like a million bucks?  For me, it's when I'm on the tail end of a run, my body is moving effortlessly, and the rhythm is just right.  That was the sweet spot I had entered when I rounded the corner of the final stretch on my run this morning.  

Baby, I was hitting it.  Arms pumping the cadence, breath keeping tempo with each stride.   I couldn't even feel my feet, they were flying so smooth.  I ran into the sunrise, bringing it home, when I heard a shout behind me.

"Naaaaaaaaaaaaaasty!"  A dented red Nissan sailed past me, and it took me a second to realize that the skinny guy hanging out the passenger side window was directing his insult at me.  

Really?  I thought, confused.  Who is in that bad of a mood at 6 am?  Dude, get some coffee and quit spoiling my high.  

Now, I really have no idea what I look like from behind when I'm running.  For all I know, it could be all jello and jiggly cottage cheese.  But I hope Mr. Beat Up Nissan learns what a real woman's body looks like before he gets married, because he's in for a rude awakening once the sweet young thang he knocks up pops out a baby or two.  

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! Haven't you realized by now, many guys say things that make no sense and that they don't really think are true themselves, just to hear their own mouths run?

    ReplyDelete